The Camera Club’s state-of-the-art digital darkroom facility – Epson Digital Suite
The newly refurbished Epson Digital Suite is fitted out with 2 top-spec PC workstations ready for Members to use in processing their digital images, scanning negatives or prints, or printing up to A2 size prints at very economical prices.
The Club is pleased to work in cooperation with Epson, our sponsors for the new space. Epson have long been known as one of the leaders in digital printing and we are proud to use only Epson inks and papers in our new digital suite.
The new Epson Digital Suite offers the following:
- 2 high-spec PC workstations, each equipped with 2 with professional-grade monitors
- The latest versions of Adobe Photoshop / Bridge and Lightroom
- 2 Epson printers (R1900 and 3880 Pro), suitable for printing up to A3+ and A2 size
- Wacom Intuos 4 tablet
- SanDisk card reader accepting all formats of memory card
- Epson Perfection V750 flatbed and negative scanner
- Newly decorated room with neutral 50% grey walls & 6500K daylight bulbs, perfect for digital photo work
The Club also offers a range of digital workshops and training events, so please check this website or the latest issue of the Journal for details.
Please note that the Epson Digital Suite is only available to Club Members. All members must be accredited before booking a digital workstation. Anyone using the digital suite must adhere to the Club Rules & Policies.
Please see the Prices page for prices of all digital equipment, facilities and printing.
Accreditation for the new Digital Suite facilities is now available on request. Existing Camera Club members should email email@example.com to arrange accreditation with the Digital Secretary. Members will learn: Safe use and access to the equipment, Scanning from a print or positive/negative film, using the printers. Members who would like to participate are encouraged to bring either some negatives or digital images for test printing. Sessions are free and last approximately 90 minutes.
Please note that if you allow your membership to lapse for more than 3 months after the expiry date, you will need to undergo re-accreditation in order to use the facilities.
Below you will find some useful documents about the equipment and techniques for the Digital Suite. Unless otherwise specified, each document is a PDF, so to download them to your computer, right-click and then save.
Manuals and information documents prepared specifically for the Club’s facilities:
- Camera Club Members’ Manual for Digital
- Scanning Black & White negatives: Part 1, using the scanner
- Scanning Black & White negatives: Part 2, Photoshop adjustments
- Digital Accreditation Slides – for reference only; you still must attend a session in person
General information and advice on color management, printing and scanning:
Manufacturer’s product manuals:
Manufacturer’s user guides, which includes information on the scanning/printing software:
- Epson Perfection V750 Scanner User Guide – .zip file (download it, unzip it, then click on INDEX.HTM to run)
- Epson 3880 Pro Printer User Guide
- Epson R1900 Printer User Guide – .zip file (download it, unzip it, then click on I_INDEX.HTM to run)
The Camera Club does not verify the accuracy of any of the information provided in 3rd party documents and manuals. Whilst care has been taken to make sure that any documents provided on this website are true and up-to-date, The Camera Club is not responsible for the contents of any documents provided. All documents are supplied here for informational purposes only and The Camera Club is not liable for any actions or results based on their use.