The Camera Club welcomes all those with a keen personal interest in photography, amateur or professional, acknowledged artist or enthusiastic novice.
For many, the excellent, low cost studio and processing facilities are an irreplaceable benefit. But a further much valued feature of the club comes from the members themselves – the opportunity to share and benefit from the ideas and expertise of fellow members, many with outstanding photographic achievement to their credit.
From its foundation in 1885, the Camera Club has supported and encouraged members in every aspect of photography as an accessible art form. The programme of events run by the Club ensures that it remains what it has always been – a friendly and stimulating forum, where members associate with others who share their interest and satisfaction in striving to create images of distinction.
As a member of The Camera Club you can:
- Hire either of our 2 fully-equipped photographic studios at low rates
- Hire any of our 4 darkrooms and purchase chemicals at low rates
- Hire one of our state-of-the-art digital workstations to process digital images, scan prints or negatives, or print your images at very affordable rates
- Enhance your skills and meet other members at any of our practical workshops and events
- Meet fellow photographers at our social events and talks
- Enjoy or participate in our Gallery exhibitions, including the opportunity to hold your own exhibition or submit work to our annual Members’ Summer / Winter Exhibitions
- Relax or work quietly in our wi-fi internet-enabled Gallery space
- Learn about fellow photographers and the Club through our bi-monthly Club Journal and monthly eNewsletter
- Interact with other Members in our private Online Community
- Use our noticeboard to find models, stylists and make-up artists to work with you on your shoots
- Take pride in being a member of one of the world’s longest running photographic clubs (since 1885)
Membership costs just £120 per year, with a reduced rate of £75 for the over-65’s and £60 for students. We also offer Family membership (£60) for married/civil partners of existing Regular members. To apply for Family membership, you must first email us for approval.
If you are ready to sign up, you can become a member any of the following ways:
- Fill in our online Membership Application Form
- Visit the Club to take a tour (if the facilities are free) and sign up in person
- Phone or write to the Club requesting a Membership Application Form
You can pay your membership fees by cash, card or cheque. If paying by cash or card, please come to the Club in person.
Thinking of joining, but not sure yet?
You may be able to come to an event through Day Membership. Read more about Day Membership >>
Once you join the Club, you will be required to complete an Accreditation session before you can use the facilities. Please see our Accreditation page for details about Accreditation and how to book.
Please note that if you allow your membership to lapse for more than 3 months after the expiry date, you may be required to be re-accredited in order to use the facilities.
Please note that all Members must adhere to the Club Rules and Policies.