LonDADA – Celebrating 100 Years Of Dadaism
Venue: The Cinema Museum, 2 Dugard Way, (off Renfrew Road), London SE11 4TH
Time: Door open at 6:00pm and events start from 6:30pm
LonDADA is the world’s first dedicated Dada festival, celebrating the 100th anniversary of Dadaism at the historic Cinema Museum in London. Join us for an evening of live performance, music, film, an animated poetry recital by Brian Blessed and a programme of experimental, surreal and Dadaist shorts by Helmut Herbst, Francis Thompson, John Smith and Bob Georgeson.
On June 23rd 1916, German poet Hugo Ball performed his poem “Karawane” at the Cabaret Voltaire in Zurich and the Dada movement was born. Over the past century, Dadaism has influenced every conceivable art form, from graphic design to punk rock.
Leave your expectations at the door and celebrate the Dada centenary in style at London’s historic Cinema Museum, built in a former workhouse where Charlie Chaplin was sent as a boy.
– An animated video performance of Karawane by Brian Blessed, actor, adventurer, raconteur and all-round legend
– Hans Richter’s seminal 1928 short film Ghosts Before Breakfast, projected in 35mm with accompanying live original score performed by Austrian composer Vinzenz Stergin
– Slapstick & Slaughter, a Dadaist theatrical performance by the amazing duo Desperate Men
– Germany DADA: An Alphabet of German Dadaism, a 1968 documentary about Dadaism by Helmut Herbst, showing in the UK for the first time
– Short films by award-winning British artist John Smith, experimental German director Helmut Herbst, American pioneer of cinema Francis Thompson and Australian Dadaist Bob Georgeson
– A masked performance of KUNST by experimental theatre innovators HunkyPunk!
– Live music from David Goo, frontman of The 150 Friends Club, and Pig With The Face Of A Boy, the south London bizarro-folk duo
…and much, much more, including food and drink.
Tickets £12.50 for Camera Club members (16% discount) with promo code DADA100
Tickets available now at www.ticketsource.co.uk/londada
Like the Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/londada
Follow the Twitter: https://twitter.com/Lon_DADA
Check out the Tumblr: https://londada.tumblr.com
Box Office: +44 (0)20 7840 2200